Center Point Yoga School & Teacher Training
Topics & Pre-Requisites
Center Point Yoga School
Center Point Yoga School is a limb of Wendy Campbell Yoga and a Registered Yoga School (“RYS 200”) with Yoga Alliance. CPYS provides a 200-hour training program that prepares trainees to teach the general adult population. Students who complete trainings are eligible to register as RYT 200s.
The Center Point Yoga School 200-hour teacher training curriculum is designed to teach you fundamental skills required to teach Hatha yoga. You will learn essential theory and practice of yoga from science based perspective and traditional (based on the ancient texts) approach. A primary intention of the training is gaining an understanding of how to learn the subject of yoga through broad based teaching of yoga with emphasis on experiential learning. This program will support your teaching/practice, so you will have a grounded foundation of yoga as a lifelong commitment to personal growth and transformation.
Training will be done in small groups or individually. There will be required reading/media, homework, handouts, discussion, practical experience, and asana practice. The information is foundational for anyone looking to study yoga on a deeper level either for personal fulfillment or to become a yoga teacher. This information meets the standards and requirements for the 200-hour teacher training program according to Yoga Alliance, while ensuring a practical and holistic approach to the study of yoga.
This program is unique. Participants will have the opportunity to design the pace and intensity to accommodate their life. Cost varies based on project outline and scope. Please contact me to discuss your options, cost, and personalize a plan for you.
The intention for this training is to guide you into beginning your personal process of weaving together the various aspects of the larger tapestry that is yoga. You will be able to see how the aspects connect and how it connects to you. You'll have a deeper and more personal understanding of yoga that will be uniquely yours.
Apply for Teacher Training with Me! Download the application.
Have a question? Contact me!
- Journal Writting
- yoga History
- Yoga Psychology/Pathology
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali/8 Limbs
- Yoga Styles
- Basic Anatomy
- Asana Studies (Hands On Adjustments, Variations/Modifications, Verbal Cuing, Sanskrit)
- Class Structure (Planning, Sequencing & Themes)
- Restorative and Yin Yoga
- Internal Anatomy (Energy Body)
- Student Teaching & Assisting
- Surya Namaskaras and Vinyasa
- Therapeutic Yoga/Prop Use (Pregnancy, Menopause, PTSD, Cancer Survivors, Injuries)
- You have a desire to deepen your yoga practice and broaden your understanding of yoga philosophy.
- You’re ready to open your heart and learn all you need to know to become a yoga teacher.
- You’ve been practicing yoga consistently in a classroom for at least 6 months.
- You are 18 or older.